Across Europe we are witnessing an unrelenting racist offensive against refugees, Muslims, Jews and migrant workers. Thousands of refugees are stuck in squalid conditions not fit for humans without proper shelter. The racist reaction against refugees is leading to a rise in racist, Islamophobic and anti-Semitic attacks.
In Europe Austerity has meant a fall in living standards for the 99%. Refugees, Muslims and migrant workers are wrongly scapegoated for this. In the 1930s it was the Jews scapegoated for the economic hardship during the Great Depression. We have been here before and know where this can lead.
We stand against all forms of oppression: racism, sexism, Islamophobia, anti-Semitism homophobia and fascism. We oppose Europe of fences, concentration camps , racism and interventionς in M.East, Africa and Asia
We call on all progressive people in Europe, that think all human beings should be treated equally, with respect and dignity, to march in solidarity to commemorate UN Anti-Racist Day on Saturday 19 March. We say refugees are welcome here – stand up to racism, Islamophobia, anti-Semitism and fascism.
Decided on the conference of Unite against Fascism (UAF) on 6 February 2016. Signed by:
- United Against Fascism (UAF), England
- United Against Fascism (UAF), Scotland
- Stand Up To Racism, England
- Movement Against Racism and Fascist Threat (KEERFA), Greece
- Unitat Contra el Feixisme i el Racisme (UCFR), Catalonia
- Unidad Contra el Fascismo y el Racismo (UCFR), Madrid
- Comite 21 maart, Netherlands
- Zjednoczeni Przeciw Rasizmowi (United Against Racism), Poland
- Plattform für eine menschliche Asylpolitik (Platform for a Humane Asylum Policy), Austria
- Solidarité Sans Frontières (SSF, Solidarity without borders), Switzerland